Visual Artist & Craft Makers Awards – VACMA
Perthshire Creates & Culture Perth & Kinross are delighted to be working with Creative Scotland to fund The Visual Artist and Craft Makers Awards (VACMA) in Perth & Kinross for 2018/19, a national funding programme of small grants to support visual artists and craft makers in their creative and professional development.
There are two opportunities to apply with deadlines on:
- Tuesday 2 October 2018 at 5pm
- Tuesday 5 February 2019 at 5pm
The scheme is funded by Creative Scotland and Culture Perth & Kinross, and administered by Perthshire Creates and will offer awards from £500 and any amount up to a maximum of £1,500.
For any artists and craft makers interested in knowing more about VACMA, an information session will run on Wednesday 12 September, 5.30-7.30pm, in the lecture theatre at Perth Museum & Art Gallery. You can hear more about the scheme directly from Creative Scotland and hear from Claire Heminsley of Incahoots, a previous recipient of a Fife VACMA award, and how it’s helped develop her creative practice. This information session is free to attend, but please book your place on the Eventbrite link.
Additional information including the Creative Scotland VACMA Guidelines can be seen on the Creative Scotland website.
– Download & read the Guidelines’ document VACMA Perth & Kinross Guidelines 2018-19
– Download & read application form – VACMA Perth & Kinross Application Form 2018-19
– Complete the application form
– Download & complete the Equalities’ Monitoring Form* – VACMA Equalities-Monitoring-Form-Indiv
Email the completed application form plus other requested information/material to Caron Ironside at Perthshire Creates by the appropriate deadline with the subject heading – VACMA P&K Application. If you have any queries regarding the scheme, appropriate funding request, how to send your application, images etc please be in contact in the first instance by email on email@example.com.
* All applicants are asked to fill in an Equalities’ Monitoring Form. Creative Scotland, as a National Lottery Distributor and an NDPB of the Scottish government, require this useful statistical information about who they are funding. Please note it is anonymous and is not part of the application process itself.