WHILE THE LIBRARY SERVICES ARE BEGINNING TO RE-OPEN, ACCESS TO THE MAKER_SPACES REMAINS CLOSED, HOWEVER THE MAKER_SPACE TEAM ARE STILL AVAILABLE ONLINE TO HELP WITH YOUR PROJECT, YOU CONTACT THEM ON THIS LINK.
Book yourself in and start exploring how you can edit photos, create mini-movies, paint digitally, make posters, print in 3D and so much more. Look out too for learning events in the Maker_Space to get you started. The Maker_Spaces offer a creative working zone for everyone including community groups, creatives, small businesses and individuals.
We have 4 Digital Maker_Spaces in the following libraries, with one planned for Eastern Perthshire later in the year:
AK Bell Library, Perth
Strathearn Campus Library, Crieff
Breadalbane Campus Library, Aberfeldy
Loch Leven Campus Library, Kinross (scheduled for end October)
Eastern Perthshire (venue and date tbc)
The Maker_Spaces are an exciting resource which make a number of creative technologies easily accessible for anyone wanting to experiment and/or develop using these technologies as part of their creative practice and business. A creative zone where you can bring your ideas to life.
We run a variety of events in the Maker_Space to introduce the different technologies available, follow @CPKLibraries on social media for information on when events are availble.
All the Maker_Spaces include:
- Ultimaker 3D Printer
- 3D Scanner
- iMac with full Adobe Creative Cloud*
- PC with full Adobe Creative Cloud*
- Coding kits
Additional equipment available at the AK Bell Maker_Space in Perth includes:
- HP Sprout Pro with Design & photo manipulation platform, 3D scanning and imaging, Adobe Creative Cloud for art, graphics & animation and Cura 3D printing control software
- Graphics & Coding PC’s with TinkerCAD, Meshmixer, Scratch, Code Academy, Lego Mindstorms and other software can be made available on request
- Wide Format Plotter/Printer which can print on a variety of available media of glossy sheet and plain roll (available at cost). Other media can be used if supplied by the user.
- Podcast Studio which includes recording equipment for your own broadcasts
- Robotics & Coding with Lego Mindstorms, Arduino and Raspberry Pi
Other equipment which can be arranged to be available includes:
- Decal printer
- A3 scanner for documents
*Adobe Creative Cloud features 15+ creative software packages includes Adobe Photoshop for photo editing, Adobe Illustrator for design and digital drawing, Adobe InDesign for publishing and online publishing, Adobe Dreamweaver for developing websites, Adobe Stock for accessing images, Adobe Fonts for thousands of fonts at your fingertips and Adobe Premier Pro for creating videos.