Culture Perth and Kinross Maker_Spaces have an extensive range of creative technology available and free to use for community groups, creatives, businesses, and individuals.
All you need to access the technology in one of the Maker_Spaces is a Culture Perth and Kinross library card. Not a library member? It’s easy to become one and you will find all the information you need on the Join the Library page on the Culture Perth and Kinross website.
For more information, to use a Maker_Space or to book an induction (recommended for all new users) contact the team at email@example.com, drop in and see us at one of the libraries with a Maker_Space or call:
- 01738 477 060 or 01738 477 062 for AK Bell Library, Perth Maker_Space
- 01764 657 705 for Strathearn Community Library, Crieff Maker_Space
- 01887 822 405 for Breadalbane Community Library, Aberfeldy Maker_Space
- 01577 867 205 for Loch Leven Community Library, Kinross Maker_Space
- 01250 871 305 for Blairgowrie Library, Blairgowrie Maker_Space
Please see the Your Local Library page on the Culture Perth and Kinross website for individual library opening times.
All our Maker_Spaces are equipped with PCs and Macs with the following software:
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, InDesign, PremierePro)
- Cura (for use with the 3D printers)
- Code Academy
You will also find:
- An Ultimaker3 3D printer – there is a small charge for print materials; please see below.
- iPad based 3D scanning equipment.
- robotics and coding equipment.
We also have an A3 large format scanner that can be made available at any location upon request (one-week advanced notice required).
Additional equipment available at AK Bell Library, Perth Maker_Space
- HP Sprout – has the ability to scan in high-resolution 2D and 3D objects
- Wide-format plotter/printer – glossy and plain paper can be provided at cost, or provide your own alternative media. A fee is charged to cover materials, see below
- Photography and animation studio – including coloured screens, lighting, photography equipment and a Zoob construction kit
- Podcast studio
Robotics and coding
See the Code Club page for details of available kits and technology.
|3D printing||£1 per hour print time|
|Larger printer – excludes paper costs, special paper POA||£1 – A4
£2 – A3
£4 – A2
£8 – A1
£16 – A0
|Commercial/Partnership use of Maker_Space||£10 per hour
Half-day (3.5 hours) £30
Full day (7 hours) £60