Call for artists for Perth & Kinross Creates Exhibition – Deadline Fri 20.5.16
April 25, 2016 by Perthshire Creates
Call For Entries
Exhibition Title: Perth and Kinross Creates
Location: Perth Museum & Art Gallery
Submission Deadline: FRIDAY 20th MAY 2016
Call to Artists and Makers
Culture Perth and Kinross in association with Perthshire Creates, is seeking submissions of new creative work for inclusion in an exhibition at Perth Museum and Art Gallery
Submissions can be for any creative work such as 2D or 3D artwork in any medium, items of design, craft, written word or film.
The selected work will be on show at Perth Museum & Art Gallery, Thurs 6 – Sun 23 October 2016.
Criteria of Exhibition
Submissions must be from artists/writers/makers who:
- Currently live or work in Perth and Kinross.
- Have created the work within the last 12 months, or can provide details of a work to be created especially for the show.
- Work must be suitable for display within a busy public gallery space including complying with Health & Safety requirements of Perth & Kinross Council Museums and Galleries Service.
- Gallery Space: Gallery floor-space 80m², wall length 28m. The museum has a limited supply of freestanding secure display cases (their availability is not guaranteed for this exhibition).
Submitting a proposal:
Interested artists and makers should submit a brief CV and details for their artwork by email only Please email your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org to have your work considered.
Submissions must include the following information:
- 5 clear images of current or recent work representing your style of work. Each image should be in jpeg format with a maximum file size of up to 1MB.
- A CV and artists statement (no more than 300 words)
- Full description of the proposed material.
- Estimated Dimensions of the work.
- Details of how it should be ideally fixed or installed in the exhibition ie. to the wall, podium, floor, ceiling etc.
- The insurance value of the work.
- You may submit one proposal only, for up to 5 works.
- Selection and hanging is at the discretion of Culture Perth and Kinross.
- Submissions must be received by 5pm on Friday 20th May 2016. An automated acknowledgement of receipt will be sent by return.
Final selection will be made by representatives from the museums programming group, Perthshire Creates, Culture Perth and Kinross board of Trustees and 2 external assessors.
Successful candidates will be notified by the 31st May 2016 by email (If you have had no notification by the 1st June then please assume that your submission has been unsuccessful).
Delivery & Installation:
Please note that if your work is selected then you will be expected to deliver artworks to Perth Museum & Art Gallery on 20th September 2016 (10-4pm) and you will be responsible for any delivery and transport costs, packaging needs, including collection on 25th October 2016.
Sales of Artwork: All work included in the exhibition must be available for sale with collection by the buyer after the exhibition closes. Culture Perth and Kinross will take 20% commission on any sales from the exhibition.
For further information, please contact Barbara Hamilton on BAHamilton@culturepk.org.uk or call 01738 632488. For general information about Perth Museum & Art Gallery visit the website. www.pkc.gov.uk/museums
October 6, 2017 by Perthshire Creates
October 3, 2017 by Perthshire Creates